I took a hiatus from blogging mainly because I didn't feel like I had much going on that was interesting enough to document. Interestingly, I suddenly don't care whether my posts are interesting or not. I feel like I'm growing so quickly lately, I have to document it or I'll miss all the lessons!
Latest lesson - my family is flippin' precious to me. Warts, quirks, and puppy dog tails, I'll take it all. We never have a dull moment and thank God for that. You see, I nearly killed us all the other day. I had a brief moment of domesticity and actually cooked a dinner... and then didn't completely turn off the gas range
Believe me when I tell you that 24 hours of gas running (even at a slow trickle) will fill your house up and it's not good for you to breathe (duh). We are all OK but I'm still feeling incredibly guilty. I think mainly because I'm so busy I'm never really there. You may see me but I can promise you my brain is already 4 hours ahead worrying and wondering about how I'll handle the next fire, the next big project, the next whatever.
![]() |
| Blessed! |
So here is the take away...be present. You only have today and this minute one time, be present in it. My daughter will only be 5 for 365 short days, my husband is quite interesting and always fun to be with, my grandmothers, mother, aunt and father are still living and have great experiences to gladly share with me. What am I so busy doing that I can't look at these gifts and just be without any agenda?
So here goes...presence is the new thing. Let's see what happens now baby!

I am glad you are here too!
ReplyDelete