Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Waiting again

So we're waiting again. That seems to be the name of the game when trying to adopt. We had two kids in our house this weekend who will possibly be available for adoption at the end of this month. They were more precious than I can explain.

It's so weird how my life is changing. I would never have expected to want children and to want to stay home and raise those children. But after having them in the house, well it's almost a no-brainer. I totally love these kids and they may not even be available to me.

It's strange how fast it happened, too. It took me several months to warm up to my dog who I love to pieces now. But it took me about 20 minutes to fall in love with these two babies.

The story is that the kids parents are on trial for growing drugs with the intent to distribute (marajuana). Also, both kids tested positive for alcohol and drugs at birth so that is a strike against them, too. In 12 days they will meet with a judge again for his/her final ruling. It's sad to wish anyone ill, but I so wish they would lose custody.

It kills me that these people had two precious gifts from God and chose to go down such a destructive path. I know they must really regret it now that the kids aren't with them, but they made a choice and it had consequences.

I am trusting in God that He will provide the best for these kids. They deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment