Something's been keeping me up at night... It's horrible, terrifying really. I have content.
I guess this is not surprising considering that I am a writer. I write all kinds of documentation for the user community for a web-based product called Fellowship One. This blog entry is not so much about the unique challenges I face writing for a non-technical audience, so I'll skip that for another time.
What's scary is the amount and variety of documentation I have created in 4.5 years. I have online help, PDF documents, 300+ knowledge base answers, training handouts, case studies, white papers, preview guides, and on and on. It's pretty much never ending.
Content is not my problem, which is great to say when you're a one-woman show. What has become a very pressing problem is managing all this content. I'm pressed to even tell you where everything is anymore - I have to search. Just like my users do.
Sigh... So I've finally admitted defeat and am on the hunt for a combination content/learning management system. I am defeated because RFIs, trial accounts, and endless "why do you want to spend our money again?" meetings loom in my future. All to a good end but tedious nonetheless.
Anyone out there had a good experience with a CMS/LMS combo? I would appreciate your feedback as I start my search.
No comments:
Post a Comment